Monday 31 December 2012

It was a very good year...

So...2012 wasn't the year that we welcomed our new baby into the world. Yes, it would have been cool for him or her to be born in 2012, as it was a Year of the Dragon, Leap year, Olympics year and presidential election, just like the year I was born, but thank you infertility for giving me some perspective on what is really important. (I'm even getting over the fact that 13 is recognised as being unlucky and is a prime number...) However the year still rocked for the following reasons:
  • I am blessed with good health, and such blessings have been shared with my close friends and family
  • I spent another year married to the love of my life. Infertility has only made our relationship stronger
  • I am lucky to work in a job that I love with some amazing colleagues
  • I have an awesome network of friends and family
  • We attended the Olympic Games in Husband's home country
  • I spent three days in Paris with my parents -memories I will always treasure!
  • Ex-pats reunion at LA wedding  
  • I completed 2 triathlons (sprint distance) 2 duathalons, (10) 10K runs, (1) 12K run over the Golden Gate Bridge and 3 Half-marathons (established new personal best!)
  • Started competitive swimming; 2 short course meets, 2 open water events, One-hour postal swim and 400 KFT
  • Another season with my field hockey team 
  • Four close friends became mothers; I am proud to be an honourary 'auntie'
  • Mummy to two sweet kitties. -you will always be my first baby! 
  • My car's mileage hit 125K and is still running!
  • With my dad's help, Husband and I renovated our kitchen
  • Re-election of Barack Obama!
  • While I am unfortunate to be infertile, I am fortunate to have the support of not only my Husband and close friends, but I am privileged to be a part of a larger online community. I continue to be amazed and inspired by you all!
Continuing with the words of Mr Sinatra... the best is yet to come!

4 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to be thankful for. I just found your blog through cyclesistas. Good luck with your upcoming IUI. I hope 2013 is the year we get meet our babies. ;)
    www.dreamingofdimples.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on finding the positives of 2012. I hope 2013 is lucky for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, three half marathons! I did one and vowed never again. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many awesome awesome things! I love your positive attitude! Praying that next year you'll be able to write a highlight of being pregnant/or having a baby!! :) :) I am impressed with all your 1/2 marathons. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete